Friday, April 30, 2010

Question:

"I"m still reading Luke but I noticed that a lot of what I'm reading is already been in Matthew (all the occurrances are actually noted in the big bible but I forgot what this phenomenon is called). Should I press on or should I start another book?"

Answer: "Continue reading. Remember that the gospels are written by witnesses to Jesus' ministry. Especially Luke, the "Beloved Physician", who was very observant and prone to detail.

The beautiful thing about the bible is that through repetition, the Word, via Holy Spirit, confirms itself in our spirit. And it becomes part of us, unlocking the gate between our spirit and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit can then become part of us, change us and validate us. It gives us a peace the world can't give and power, love and a sound mind."