Sunday, August 26, 2007

Not Waiting on the BlackMassaKing

DISCLAIMER: This was my very first post on the Anti-Socilalist's Section from late 2005. I've learned a lot since then, and edited the post accordingly.

I just finished reading the book 'It Ain't All Good: Why Black Men Should Not Date White Women,' by John Johnson. It was a book I wanted to read for a while now, and it marked the first time that I had heard a black man speak up on the matter of interracial dating in a non-pc manner. I must confess, it made me happy and sad at the same time. I am proud to say that I come from a family of black women who never subscribed to the idea that we must 'stand behind our black men,' especially since black men have always seem to take great glee in shitting on their so-called "Nubian queens." O.J., Jacko (though I'm not sure he even counts as a black man), even fucking Carter Buford have turned their backs on us as mates. This is not something new. Even back in the day my mother told me how she and her friends had expressed disappointment when Sidney Poitier up and left his family for a trophy blonde. Let's not forget Qunicy Jones, Paul Robeson, James Earl Jones, etc., etc... never mind, the list is too long. Everyone likes to claim that this type of crap is all about breaking barriers and promoting racial harmony. Yeah right, if that was the case, then where are all the white male celebs and THEIR black wives? This is a fact not lost on black women, and it manifests itself in a terrible way. As a black woman myself (yeah that's right), I have seen other women (and girls) allow themselves to be used and abused just to say they have a man. A male role model is JUST as important in a girl's life as in a boy's. The black man is not heading the black family anymore, he's in jail, gay or, if he decides to better himself and get out of the "community," he's going to go get the NON-black trophy wife! We now have a new generation of ignorant, thuggish, hopless souls who have no chance of survival in the real world (unless they get a show on VH-1). Black men simply do not care about black women anymore, they buy into Madison Avenue's idea of what they're supposed to have to be happy, they buy into the European standard of beauty and are more than happy to turn their backs on their mothers, sisters and daughters.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world sees this too. Are black women angry? Hell yeah, and I am so fucking sick and tired of the blame put on us alone for this anger. Black women need to wise up, stop mimicking the thugs on BET and consider looking outside of the "community" for love. Until black men are called out for the rift they have caused, there will be no change.